“You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man.”
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, nonprofits account for 11.4 million jobs, 10.3 percent of all private sector employment.
All things work for good and if you’ve considered working in the nonprofit sector, I urge you to read: Why people want to work for nonprofits, and ten things you didn’t know about working for a non profit. Next, check out these eight sites that will help you find a purpose driven job.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Job Board– job listings and descriptions from the National Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Common Good Careers Report-non profit job seekers share their attitudes, motivations and challenges in pursuing careers in the social sector.
- Longing to work abroad? Devex job board strong resource for exploring development positions around the world
- The National Council of Nonprofits -great industry related content and jobs for nonprofit career seekers
- Idealist– Search for nonprofit jobs internationally as well as domestically
- The Nonprofit Times-Considered the Career Builder/Indeed/Monster/ for jobs in the non profit sector. This site also features the list of best nonprofits to work for.
- Philanthropy Journal-The Philanthropy Journal helps nonprofits increase their capacity through nonprofit news, resources, announcements and job listings
- Work for Good– Formally Opportunity Knocks, this site is a premier go-to source for finding purpose-driven jobs.
This list does not imply my personal endorsement of the products and viewpoints of these sites.
#nonprofit #nonprofits #nonprofitOrganization #nonprofitlife #nonprofitwork #allthingsworkforgood #giveback #purposedriven
Interested in exploring your next job in the non profit sector?
Try our widget, Let us know what you think!